Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

Another trip with cloth diapers

I am back! My computer was unavailable for a while. But now I'm back!

A and I went on our first out of state trip with cloth diapers last month. We are about to do it again tomorrow. This time we are bringing my husband! :) We are headed up to see my side of the family. Most of whom have not met A yet. I'm super excited. I'm much more confident in this trip than the last one.

1. I know I'm not going to be away from A this trip. Last time was a business trip. My sister came along to watch A while I was in seminars all weekend. I'm so excited I don't have to bring any milk or my pump with me. It's so much less stress not having to figure out how much milk to pack!

2. My husband is coming with me this time. This means that I don't have to drive this time! I can sleep while he drives! Maybe my first nap in quite a LONG time. :)

3. This trip is more for relaxation. Baby A is going to get to meet my extended family for the first time. I get to see my family for the first time in a long time. The last time my husband and I went up was last January for my Grandparent's 50 year anniversary.

4. I know that cloth diapers on a road trip is not that bad. The last trip, A had two explosions on the way down to Cincinnati. The van did not stink at all. :) I had read a lot about people complaining their car stunk on a road trip with cloth diaper. But we road for 7 hours with at least one dirty diaper, and neither of us noticed a stink.

5. I've done it before, so I know what to expect. Doesn't it always seem that it's more scary to do something you have never done before? This time, I've done it before. I know babies can change and are unpredictable, but I have high hopes for this trip. So I'm much more relaxed.

It feels good to be back! Expect much more great posts soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment