(This information in this section in italics is taken from the Grandma El's Website. Check out the Grandma El's website, where you can learn more and purchase Grandma El's, here!)
How It Works
Grandma El’s Diaper Rash Remedy & Prevention is a Patented Skin Soothing, and Healing Ointment. This unique Pediatrician Tested product has been used by Grandma El since 1974 to successfully treat and heal diaper rash.
Grandma El’s creates a skin softening, protective barrier which prevents wetness and stool enzymes from coming into contact with your baby’s bottom, while allowing the skin to breathe; something no other product offers. Grandma El’s promotes the growth of new skin collagen, which helps the healing process.
Grandma El has put an end to the white, messy paste, lotions, and creams. Grandma El’s knows that for the skin to heal, it needs to breathe. Other products coat the skin, and stop the skin from breathing, thereby slowing the healing process. Grandma El’s patented formula lets your baby’s skin breathe as it protects.
Recent studies have shown Grandma El’s Diaper Rash Remedy & Prevention to help in the following:
· Preventing skin breakdown
· Healing irritation and chapping· Promoting the growth of new skin collagen
· Soothing and softens baby’s skin making for a comforting experience
· Allowing skin to ‘breathe’ while protecting the skin from wetness and bacterial contamination Stopping redness, itching, pain, and sorenessIngredients
Grandma El’s is manufactured by an FDA and cGMP compliant skin care product manufacturer. The formulation of Grandma El’s is comprised of ingredients which are derived from natural and organic origin, and contains no preservatives. Grandma El's only contains ingredients on the FDA GRAS (Generally Regarded as Safe) List and is Hypo-Allergenic so you can be assured your baby is getting the safest therapy.
- Anti-oxidant Natural Vitamin E , derived from Wheat Germ Oil (D alpha tocopherol acetate)
- Natural active derivatives of the plant Balsam of Peru, a known healing agent
- Salicylic Acid, derived from Willow bark and Wintergreen; this ingredient acting with Vitamin E can promote the growth of new skin
- Yellow Petrolatum, derived from naturally occurring mineral oil
- Insecticide-free Anhydrous Lanolin, a naturally occurring, allergy-free protecting and healing agent
Yellow Petrolatum and Insecticide-free Anhydrous Lanolin are FDA approved healing agents and protectants, while Vitamin E, Derivatives of Balsam of Peru, and Salicylic Acid heal and stimulate production of new cells.
Many other well known diaper rash products contain ingredients which are not on the FDA GRAS List. Some of these unproven and possibly unsafe ingredients are sodium borate, benzalkonium chloride, boric acid, calcium undecylenate, hexachlorophene, p-chloromercuriphenol, phenol, resorcinol, and triclosan. Please refer to the product you currently use to see if these ingredients are used.
DOES NOT CONTAIN BORIC ACID (Boric Acid has been removed from the FDA Safe List, yet many products today still contain it). Please visit the FDA website at www.fda.gov for further information.
What do I think?!
- Smells great! Even my husband loves it!
- Works great at prevention as well as healing diaper rash
- Perfect for cloth diapers
- Organic and natural ingredients, none of the ingredients recommended to stay away from
- Preservative free
- The tubes are just the right size! Perfect for home and travel. I have two tubes. One for diaper bag, and one for home. We have been using it about five months, and it is just now time to get new tubes.
- Has many other uses, like clearing up cradle cap and stretch-mark reduction. (See complete list here)
- This ointment does not work on rashes due to fungal or bacteria infection, or that occur when baby is sick and has the 'runs.'
- The small tube does make it easy to misplace when searching through a crammed diaper bag.